Our People and Partners
Click here for new 4th Edition Book Announcement and Reviewers...
Click here for current Academic Sources...
Click here for a list of Image Credits...
Click here for a list of Manuscripts referenced...
Click here for Organisations and People involved in 1001 Inventions...
PRODUCTION TEAMS AND CONTRACTORS
1001 Inventions has evolved and developed from humble beginnings into a global education brand thanks to the hard work of over 300 individuals and support of millions of fans from around the world.
The list below shows only the current team leading the main activities of 1001 Inventions and does not represent the countless contributions of those many people who have supported in the past years.
- Co-Founder and Managing Director - Ahmed Salim
- Middle East Director and Producer - Shaza Shannan
- Head of Strategic Partnerships - Hanan Dowidar
- Middle East Producer - Omar Shabaan
- U.S. Producer - Yasir Kahf
- Europe Producer - Naz Kabir
- Artist and Illustrator - Ali Amro
- Exhibition Design and Production Manager - Scott Alexander
- Accounts - Dinesh Mehta, Baker Tilly
- Communications - Junaid Bhatti
- Film Producer - David Pope
- Content Editor - Rebecca Mileham
- Content Editor - Barbara Brownell Grogan
- Exhibition Production - Luke Jones, Charlie Davidison
- Webmaster - Cem Nizamoglu
- Graphics - Inspiral Design
- Legal Counsel - Norton Rose
- Exhibition Construction - Beck Interiors
- Film Production - The Edge Picture Company, Blink Studios, PPC
- Audio Visual Software - Spiral, Horseshoeshape, Science Projects, Arc Stream AV
- Model and Exhibit Development - RAE Models, Autodromo, Codsteaks
- Specialist Electrics - SI Electrical
- Graphic Production - Service Graphics, Four Graphics
- Exhibition Graphic Design - Studio HB, Inspiral Design Ltd
- Exhibition Illustrator - Rosey Taylor, Ali Amro
- Memorabilia Production - Signature Trading Ltd
CONTENT DEVELOPMENT AND CONTRIBUTORS
For a full list of Academic Sources, References and Manuscripts used in 1001 Inventions visit: http://www.1001inventions.com/REFERENCES
- Chief Editor - Professor Salim T S Al-Hassani
- Co-Editor- Professor Mohamed El-Gomati
- Exhibition Content Editor - Rebecca Mileham
- Exhibition Content Editor - Barbara Brownell Grogan
- 4th edition book content manager- Shaza Shannan
- Content Editors - Ghinwa Mamari, Margaret Morris, Diana Eldaly-Rookledge
- Scripts Editor - Hooda Shawa
The content of the exhibition went through various updates. In the main, it is based on 1st ,2nd, 3rd and 4th editions of the 1001Inventions book and on articles and papers published by various authors on our web portal www.muslimheritage.com. The list of names of authors, reviewers and editors is too long to enumerate here. The reviewer names are given in each of the editions.
FOR THE CURRENT EXHIBITION
The current exhibition has many amendments and corrections in light of reviews, remarks, and help from a countless number of colleagues of various backgrounds. Of special mention are the scholars who reviewed various sections and chapters of the 4th edition of 1001 Inventions: The Enduring Legacy of Muslim Civilisation, each in their respective specialty. In alphabetical order, they are:
-Professor Sheila Blair, Boston, USA.
-Professor Jonathan Bloom, Boston, USA.
-Professor Amriah Buang, Selangor Malaysia.
-Professor Charles Burnett, London, United Kingdom.
-Professor Constantin Canavas, Hamburg, Germany.
-Professor Stephano Carboni, Perth, Western Australia.
-Professor Giancarlo Casale, Minnesota, USA
-Professor Sami Chalhoub, Aleppo, Syria
-Doctor Emma Clarke, London, United Kingdom.
-Professor Glen M Cooper, Claremont, USA.
-Professor Charles Falco, Arizona, USA
-Professor Mohamed El-Gomati OBE, York, United Kingdom.
-Professor John M Hobson, Sheffield, United Kingdom.
-Doctor Zohor Idrisi, London, United Kingdom.
-Professor David King, Frankfurt, Germany.
-Professor David Knight, Durham, United Kingdom.
-Professor Mustafa Mawaldi, Aleppo, Syria.
-Professor Sabah Mushatat, Wolverhampton, United Kingdom.
-Professor Karen C Pinto, Idaho, USA.
-Professor Cesare Rossi, Napoli, Italy
-Professor Bashar Saad, Baga Algharbiya, Israel
-Professor Julio Samso’, Barcelona, Spain.
-Doctor Rabah Saoud, Ajman, UAE
-Professor William R Shea, Cormondrèche, Switzerland.
-Doctor M. Zafer Wafai, Texas, USA.
-Professor Andrew Watson, Toronto, Canada.
-Professor John B. West, San Diego, USA.
-Doctor Salah Zaimeche, Manchester, United Kingdom.
-Professor Siegfried Zielinski, Karlsruhe, Germany
1001 Inventions and the Foundation for Science, Technology and Civilisation (FSTC) gratefully acknowledge the contributions of these and other scholars. The Foundation for Science, Technology and Civilisation (FSTC) bears overall responsibility for the content of this exhibition, and any errors - whether of fact or interpretation - are attributable to the Foundation alone.
THE FILM: 1001 INVENTIONS AND THE LIBRARY OF SECRETS
Cast and Crew
- Al Jazari and Librarian - Ben Kingsley
- Danny - James Holly
- Isabella - Courtney George
- Luke - Rhiann Connor
- Ibn Al-Haytham - Stewart Scudamore
- Abbas Ibn Firnas - Andrew Bridgmont
- Al-Zahrawi - Nicholas Khan
- Al-Ijliah Al-Astrulabi - Tara Jaffar
- Teacher - Samantha Edmonds
Kiosk Film Cast
- Fatima Al-Fihriyah - Elif Yesil
- Sinan - Dimitri Andreas
- Producer - Ahmed Salim
- Director - Alan Deakins
- Producer for Edge Picture Company - Andrew Hardwick
- Executive Producers - Phil Blundell, Ahmed Salim
- Writer - Thomas Fickling
- Music Composer - Robert Hartshorne
- Costume Designer - Camille Benda
- Casting Director - Carl Proctor
- 1st Assistant Director - Marco Ciglia
- Production Manager/2nd Assistant Director - Cher Brighton
- Production Assistant/3rd Assistant Director - Zakiya Petty
- Set Runners - Lucas Motion, Euan Blundell, Jo Dixon, Dan Cunningham
- Director of Photography - Robin Fox
- Focus Puller - Gary Rogers
- Digital Imaging Technician - James Stormer
- Camera Assistant - Dan Struthers
- Gaffer - Jonathan Spencer
- Sparks - Ricky Collins -John Whickman
- Generator Operator - Steve Cortie
- Sound Recordist - Andy Paddon
- Boom Operator - Robin Gerrard
- 3rd Sound Assistant - Alan MacFeely
- Sound Mixer - Nick Roberts
- Make Up Designer to Ben Kingsley - Ann Buchanan
- Make Up & Hair Designer - Karen Evans
- Make Up & Hair Assistant - Sophie Cox
- Storyboard Artist - Sally Pring
- Assistant to Ben Kingsley - Anna Maconochie
- Ben Kingsley Driver - Steve Fenny
- Child Chaperone - Vanessa Martin
- Post Production - Outpost at The Edge Picture Company
- Film Editor - Tom Merrin
- Colourist - David Smith
- Post Production Supervisor - Grisha Nikolsky
- Visual Effects and Animation - Spot Post Ltd
- RED Camera equipment supplied by - On Sight Ltd
Lighting supplied by - Nimbus Lighting
Foundation for Science, Technology and Civilisation (FSTC)
The Foundation for Science, Technology and Civilisation (FSTC) is the global academic and knowledge partner for 1001 Inventions. FSTC has an international network of historians, scientists, engineers, educationalists and museum professionals. FSTC works to popularise awareness of the historic roots of science. By highlighting role models from the past and how their achievements and inventions live on in the modern world, FSTC aims to inspire young people to pursue careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics. Further information is available on FSTC's website FSTC.org.uk.
PARTNERS AND COLLABORATIONS:
- National Geographic
- Community Jameel
- Science Museum, London
- The Home Office, UK
- The Northwest Development Agency, UK
- Department for Trade and Industry, UK
- Wellcome Trust, UK
- The Foreign & Commonwealth Office, UK
- California Science Center
- New York Hall of Science
- The British Science Association
- The Museum of Science and Industry Manchester
- The University of Manchester
- Manchester City Council
- Abu Dhabi Technology Development Committee
- Government of the Republic of Turkey
- The Elsayed Foundation
- Varmlands Museum, Sweden
- Saudi Aramco, Saudi Arabia
- Institute of Butantan, Brazil
- Government of Sao Paulo, Brazil
- King Abdul Aziz Center for World Culture, Saudi Arabia
- Qatar Museums Authority, Qatar
- Doha Museum of Islamic Art, Qatar
- QATAR SHELL
- Qatar Foundation
- Sharjah International Book Fair
- Government of Sharjah
- Abu Dhabi Media Company
- Abu Dhabi Education Council
- Bin Hamoodah Goup
- The Government of Malaysia
- Glasgow Science Centre
- Glasgow City Council
- The Scottish Government
- Croydon Council
- Museum Of Croydon
- National Museum Wales
- Thinktank Birmingham Science Museum
- Government of the Kingdom of Bahrain
- Dubai Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA)
- The Scientific Centre Kuwait
- Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Science
- Bibliotheca Alexandrina, Egypt
- Cairo University, Egypt
- Academy of Scientific Research and Technology, Egypt
- China Science Festival